Monday 23 August 2010

Tattooed Orifice Box


Whenever I start working on a sculpture the process of making the object always triggers ideas for similar or cross-over pieces - which is useful when you’re planning to produce a series of works. I came up with this sketch while working on my new Orifice Box sculptures. I’m looking forward to making this piece because it will be the first time that I’ve actually combined sculpture and drawing. For a long time I’ve toyed with the idea of combining sculpture and painting but have not so far done so. But for my next orifice box (for which this is the sketch) I plan to carve and construct the physical body of the box and then decorate it with drawings. There’s something quite gratifying about drawing on wood. And to see more Orifice Box sketches check out my sketch book site.

No comments:

Post a Comment