Tuesday 10 August 2010

Long Orifice Box


I like the immediacy of this sketch. It is fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously – and is part of a set of quick-fire drawings, or at least it will be once I upload it onto the site. It also relates to a set of Orifice Box sculptures that I am currently working on. The ‘orifice’ part of the series’ title comes from Orifice, a wall mounted, low relief sculpture that I made a few years ago. The sculpture is also long and thin, which is probably what led me to make this drawing. One of the problems with working on sculptures is that the process of making them leads to lots of ideas for similar but slightly different pieces – all of which you want to make. But because of time limits I usually have to consol myself with just making sketches of them.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taren... have you been posting comments while a bit tipsy?

    ReplyDelete