Tuesday 12 April 2011

Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project (Page 32)

Here’s the 32nd page of my forty page contribution to the Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project that is currently touring various galleries and museums around the US.


The drawing is of an idea that I had for a sculpture and the sculpture itself was inspired by a strange little occurrence. A few years ago I was swimming in the sea in Goa, India when I noticed a plumb-sized seed pod floating past me. I picked up the pod to have a closer inspection and as I did so a small colony if tiny crabs decided to disembark onto my hand. I don’t know how far these mini refugees had travelled on the back of their successfully sea-worthy vessel but it gave me the idea to sketch the colonisation of a moon or planetoid that is obviously too small to support such a colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment