Tuesday 5 April 2011

Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project (Page 28)

This is page 28 of my forty page contribution to the Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project that is currently touring various galleries and museums around the USA.


This is a quick drawing that I made of a half-hearted sculpture that I started a few years ago and which has just sat, unfinished, in bits around my studio. The sculpture originally started off after I had one of those uncontrollable urges to do something mischievous. I noticed an acoustic guitar sitting in the corner of the room and wondered what would happen if I ran it through my band saw. After chopping off the rounded end of the instrument I thought it would make an interesting central column around which to build an integrated framework of boxes and other structures. I’m sure that I’ll get round to finishing it one day – maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment