Friday 11 October 2013

New Orifice Box Ideas

I've just realised that I've not posted anything on this blog since June - shame on me! I must try harder (something that always seemed to appear in the school reports, I seem to remember) in future.

Here's two quick drawings from my pocket sketchbook. They're ideas for a couple new Orifice Box sculptures that I plan to make at some point in the near future.


This first one will be a variation on my Horned God Orifice Box, but with real horns, not twigs. I found a bag of polished horns in a charity shop and am looking forward to using them in a few sculptures.


And this tall version of one of my Orifice Box sculptures came about just because I found a set of casters on long poles, that were being thrown out at the V&A Museum (where I work), and I thought that proportionally, a long-legged Orifice Box would just look plain daft. So I'll have to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment